Yes!

Today me and my fiancee went to the Mutiara Damansara to buy a ring and go see a movie.

About the ring, we finally agreed on a ring for our wedding. I bought only one since I'm not a ring wearing type of person. A bracelet maybe - but not a ring. Unless that ring has got some special enchantment on it - like make me go invisible or something. Now THAT is a useful ring.

Anyways we bought it at Diamonds and Platinum. There are basically 3 jewelery store at The Curve. Habib Jewel, My Diamond's and Diamonds and Platinum. In terms of prices, I could say that My Diamond's has the cheapest rings of them all. Funky+simplistic design. It was nice to look at at first. But then after quite sometime looking back and forth I find myself hesitating to actually decide upon which ring to get. So we got out of the store, and walked on - intending to look at what other stores has to offer.

Habib Jewel's collection was quite a few. But quite a few of the same thing. The difference between most of the rings available wasn't that stark and convincing - just a couple more diamonds there, a slight variation in design here. I'd say their goldsmith is lacking in creativity department.

Next we went to D & P. The collection was quite nice. And the price range was OK as well (since it was within my budget of RM 1k-ish. The ring we agreed upon was an 18k white gold ring with 2 diamonds attached. The design was quite sophisticated and sleek (whatever that means). It was matted in some parts as well (I mostly fell in love with the ring because of that. I got this thing for matted metals). In any case, it made the ring look nicer since the diamond and the design became the subject matter of the ring (instead of the ring itself which usually would steal the limelight).

So that was about the ring.

The other part of my day was about the movie we went to see - Yes! Man. At first I came there (to Cineleisure) under the pretense of seeing The Spirit. But having going there with my fiancee, I've decided at the last minute to buy the tickets for Yes! Man instead (so that she could enjoy it too. I don't think that she would watch The Spirit with the same passion that I do, being a self-proclaimed comic book/movie buff that I am).

So on we went. The plot was interesting. Plus Jim Carrey, as he's getting older - is fast-becoming one of my favourite actors. Like fine wine (if wine does gets better with age. People do say that often though..). What I mostly like about him is how well he could in different roles - from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, to the early days of Ace Ventura. But frankly I like to see him in a more serious role, or at least a romantic comedy (none of those Dumb and Dumber, although the movie do kick-ass) .

The movie brings with it a unique view of how we should live our lives. Say Yes!. Say yes to everything. And perhaps anything that might be coming in our way. There was this part in the movie where Carl (Jim Carrey), the then unbeliever of the Yes! philosophy, went to the Yes! seminar after a friend of his mentioned how the Yes! philosophy had actually changed his life. So in the seminar, Terrence (the Yes! guru), talked on about that by saying 'no', we are closing all the doors of option in our life, and 'yes' actually opens it. I actually find myself intrigue by this statement - and it does get me thinking silently, reflecting on the choices I've made along the years that I've lived as a human on this earth. I could say that I was a bit of a Yes! man myself. Hehe~.

Opportunities do come - if you want it to come. If you let it come. Change can happen, if you want it to happen. I think there is something in the Quran which sounds something like "Sesungguhnya Allah tidak akan mengubah nasib sesebuah kaum, melainkan kaum itu berusaha untuk mengubahnya sendiri". In short if you want 'change' to happen to you, you're gonna have to work for it.

Which brings me to my next favourite quote, "If you want something you like, you gotta help enough people to get something they like" - Zig Ziglar. In the movie (yeah I know, I'm still talking about the movie), Carl had to help (in his case, say Yes! to) many people before finally getting what he wants in his life. A concept that I couldn't agree more. Well at least we as muslims should be aiming ultimately for 'keredhaan Allah'. Heck no matter how much 'pahala' you acquire, if Allah is not 'redha', then off to Hell with you. (which reminds me of a story...)

How is life going to be like after marriage eh? I had always aspire to be someone who would always go to mosque after getting back to work, maybe take some hadith lesson as well - after I get married. I wonder now, now that I am actually getting married, whether I will be actually doing that. Sometimes I doubt myself. But I guess I shouldn't be thinking like that eh - I should say Yes! instead :)

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.