Blogging

I think it's fast becoming a trend with me to only write a few blogpost each year. More often than not I attribute it to not having enough time to write about my life. I guess who'd read it right?

But alas - I would.

A talk with a friend recently reminded me of how interesting this blog used to be, and wondered whether I would continue writing. I really didn't know to be honest. While I was busy keeping track of all the social media feeds, podcasts, books to read, family, work, kids - guess I somehow lost myself along the way and forgot about this fortress of solitude.

Blogging has always been a way for me to express myself. Or rather - writing/typing has always been my best medium.

And I guess not everyone can do this - this blogging thing. Which is quite surprising for me actually, since it seemed to be easy for me. Well...it's easy if you're writing it to and for yourself with no particular audience in mind. Especially not to sell ads - that'd be harder I suppose.

Reading my past blogposts, I'm especially glad that I did write extensively when I was young (..ehem..). My nostalgic self appreciates it much. Looking at past pictures, the ones with baby Safiyya, playhouse and all - you tend to forget that those happened more than 5 years ago.

The playhouse now look more or less exactly the same as I've recorded it years ago yet Safiyya is now totally different.

Time.

Time flies.

At heart I still feel like I'm stuck in my early 20s. My body is aging, though not apparent. It has lost much of it's elasticity..but other than that I guess it's pretty much the same.

There's something about blogging that triggers this certain emotion. Like a whirlwind sucking you into a room of despair and hopelessness, provoking all those nostalgia, forcing you to reminisce about time long gone.

Or maybe that's because I'm a Pisces (we tend to sometimes get stuck in an emotional rollercoaster).

At the moment I have a plan to blog about the books that I read as a way to reinforce the things that I've learned. Perhaps that's one way I could get back to personal blogging (I also maintain www.hafidzzulkifli.com as a career-fronting blog).













0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.