Relativity of Time

Time is relative to the one who is experiencing it.

For a person who is stationary, time moves in a steady stream. For a moving person, it will seem to be experienced differently.

Of late it has become a sort of a habit for me and wife to head to the kitchen after putting the kids to bed to just have a cup of coffee and chat about things. Sometimes I'd take out some snacks or ice cream to go with it.

We'd talk about the kids, our ideas, the past, the future.

Tonight was no different.

She had her almond shake. I had my coffee. We sat at the table opposite one another.

9 years it has been since we got married to each other. 3 kids.

Yet I still feel like that we haven't changed that much.

Went to KLCC earlier this afternoon. Brought the kids to the playground, had lunch at Chili's. A few days earlier I had a team lunch just a few tables away. Nelly Furtado's song was played back then. Never gets old.

She talked about the couple a few tables away from us, having lunch peacefully with their bigger kids (in comparison with ours). She wondered when we could do the same.

Muja threw a tantrum when we decided to head back to the car. All the way from Kinokuniya to the open space carpark beside the Mandarin Hotel. He was crying, screaming and hitting me throughout our walk back to the carpark.

Me and wife laughed it off. Wife said she wouldn't want it any other way.

Yeah... this is our story. Our kids, our journey. Why swap it with somebody elses'.

The kids grew up fast we thought to ourselves.

Too fast.

In this stationary situation that we're in, where my wife and I seemed stuck in a perpetual time loop in our own little bubble - everything around us seems to be moving by so fast. Work. Family. Kids.

Looked into her eyes as she was rambling about something else. We're still that pair of teenager who longs for each other's company.

I do that sometimes. Freezing time and just trying to capture the moment.

I told her that I love her.

"I know.", she cheekily smiled.




0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.